Business Development Representative
Your Role at Bolt
- Generate new pipeline for Sales Reps through prospect engagements (cold calling, email outreach, inbound lead management, networking, etc.)
- Have a hunter mentality in identifying new potential opportunities across net new and existing leads and contacts
- Create a great first impression to our prospects by inspiring them to learn how Bolt can benefit their business
- Stay organized and manage your time effectively in order to complete your daily goals - know that sales is a numbers game and you’re here to win!
- Track your data and report your weekly sales results to your peers and manager
- Learn from our top tier Sales team so that you can get promoted quickly
- Determination - we need people who are relentlessly persistent, and aren’t afraid of rejection
- Ability to gain trust and persuade people to give you their time
- Strong attention to detail - we have big goals and need people who will ensure that we are accurately tracking our data
- Results oriented - you are always looking for ways to improve your process or use your time more effectively to overachieve quota
- Ambition - one of our values is “Be 20% Wrong.” We want people who look for innovative solutions to problems. Making a mistake is a learning opportunity
- Strong interpersonal writing skills to accurately explain Bolt’s value prop
- Extreme coachability - understands our managers are here to make us better, and that feedback should be both received and given
What Would Set You Apart
- BDR/SDR experience from a B2B company
- Sales background with a proven record of exceeding quota
- Experience with cold outreach via phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.
- Have used Salesforce, Outreach, Zoom Video, ZoomInfo, and/or Gong
- Competitor with a need to win
- Affinity for problem solving
Why You'll Love Bolt
- We work in downtown SF with outstanding team members and a winning Sales org.
- You'll receive an uncapped commission plan, along with a competitive base salary. The only limit to your earnings here is your own dedication to succeed.
- We'll provide tools such as Salesforce, Outreach.io, Gong, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Zoom Video, etc. to set you up for success.
- We believe in promoting from within and believe this team is the future Sales Leaders of Bolt. You'll have the opportunity for promotion every 6 months.
- We enjoy spending time with the team by going on outings like wine tasting, river rafting and more.
- Competitive benefits like daily free lunch, commuter stipend, gym stipend, phone stipend, etc. These perks decrease distractions, which will allow you to focus on doing what you do best!
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
Writing Over Talking
At Bolt, we recognize that talking drives emotions, ego, and politics. Writing enables clarity of thought and analysis. We strive to create a culture where decisions are driven by data, not by social influence. To facilitate this, we approach problems with preparation, writing out issues and proposals in depth.
A business thrives when everyone on a team takes full responsibility for their outcomes. When things go wrong, individuals don't blame other teams or individuals- they accept responsibility and take initiative to fix problems without being asked. At Bolt, extreme ownership isn't just for leaders; it's for everyone.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Parental leave
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parking and transit benefits, including safe and last mile rides
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism