Business Development Representative
Your Role at Bolt
- You will qualify leads as sales opportunities through cold calls and emails (200-300 calls per day
- Your goal will be setting up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and our Account Executives
- You will be in charge of tracking your data so that you can report to the Business Development Manager and your peers on your weekly sales results
- We need determined people who are relentlessly persistent, and refuse to take no for an answer
- You are able to both gain trust and persuade people to give you their time
- Your strong attention to detail will be noticed here. We have big goals and need people who will ensure that we have the correct data we need to grow (and look for ways to help us improve along the way)
- You understand that activity means less than the results. You are always looking at ways to improve your process, or use your time more effectively
Why You’ll Love Bolt
- You'll get a free lunch. No really, we order in or go out every single day. It is one less distraction that will allow you to focus on doing what you do best.
- We work 8-4 which means that you'll be off early enough every day to fit in a work out, go take a hike, or even get up to Brighton for some night skiing.
- You will also receive an uncapped commission plan, along with a base salary. The only limit to your earnings here is your own dedication to succeedWe have an outstanding culture.
- We play music, take coffee/red bull breaks, and do outings like skiing, bowling, and more
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
Fear is the primary motivator of human action. It drives people to cherish safety and complacency, coupled with an aversion to risk and change. However, it’s risk and change that advances the human race. Extreme risk and change is required to disrupt the digital commerce space as we know it. The outside world can’t possibly have the same knowledge that we have within our company walls. While we’re being called crazy, we must be fearless and driven by our internal conviction.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Keep it Simple
Complexity worship has drowned the modern world. Simple solutions are harder to come to, and, rather than be dismissed as “too simplistic”, should be hailed as a result of clear thinking. Simplicity enables speed, reduces cost, and allows for faster learning.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Health benefits for you and your family
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and SNACKS
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism