Compliance Operations Lead
Your Role at Bolt
What you will be doing
- Organize efforts on all compliance matters with executives, internal stakeholders, bank partners, fintech partners, and regulators
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to translate compliance requirements and tasks into product features
- Partner with Sales and Customer Experience teams to flag risks and help them educate Merchants on best practices and regulatory guidelines
- Ensure that remediation efforts are sufficient and timely by reviewing action plans and remediation documentation to support event closure. Perform root-cause analysis and the identification of improvements in customer service
- Prepare for, coordinate, and execute third-party examinations, including ensuring that information requests from third-party partners and regulators are completed timely and accurately
- Own operational aspects of PCI compliance program
- Establish, implement and supervise compliance policies and procedures throughout the organization to ensure that the compliance program is effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with regulatory requirements
- Conduct risk assessments internally and externally across our partnership environment and monitor compliance risk metrics
- Work to reduce the complexity and judgement of compliance tasks into product requirements so that technology and product can build scalable solutionsFind elegant, creative solutions to compliance matters / issues and work with internal teams to effortlessly empower the business
- Serve as an internal advocate for Compliance department mandates
- Support quarterly reporting for Board meetings
What would set you up for success
- 8+ years of relevant post-graduate work experience
- 4+ years of compliance experience in a changing regulatory landscape
- Team player who welcomes responsibility and thrives in an intense, fast-paced environment
- Adept multi-tasker with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks effectively and independently
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Impeccable integrity and great judgment
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
Writing Over Talking
At Bolt, we recognize that talking drives emotions, ego, and politics. Writing enables clarity of thought and analysis. We strive to create a culture where decisions are driven by data, not by social influence. To facilitate this, we approach problems with preparation, writing out issues and proposals in depth.
A business thrives when everyone on a team takes full responsibility for their outcomes. When things go wrong, individuals don't blame other teams or individuals- they accept responsibility and take initiative to fix problems without being asked. At Bolt, extreme ownership isn't just for leaders; it's for everyone.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Parental leave
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parking and transit benefits, including safe and last mile rides
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism