Corporate AE Manager - SLC
Your Role at Bolt
- Recruiting, hiring, and developing a world-class sales team to support the revenue targets for the business
- Building and executing on pipeline with new clients and partners to run the end-to-end sales process
- Working in a high-pace, cross-functional environment that is different every day
- Delivering world-class results, while continuously challenging yourself and your team to be more ambitious
- Working with other sales leadership and vertical leads to set direction for your team, sales, and company as a whole
We're looking for someone with...
- 2+ years of experience building and leading high-performing sales teams
- 5+ years of quota carrying technology sales
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to team planning and development
- Interest in financial services products and a desire to create strategic relationships that help our customers succeed
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the C-level executives
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
Nice to haves...
- You have previously worked in an early stage company and you know how to navigate and be successful in a startup environment
- Previous experience as SDR / BDR (not required but great to have)
- Deep understanding of e-commerce payments and the competitive ecosystem
- You’re a proven coach: you’ve helped your people unlock their full potential
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
Fear is the primary motivator of human action. It drives people to cherish safety and complacency, coupled with an aversion to risk and change. However, it’s risk and change that advances the human race. Extreme risk and change is required to disrupt the digital commerce space as we know it. The outside world can’t possibly have the same knowledge that we have within our company walls. While we’re being called crazy, we must be fearless and driven by our internal conviction.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Keep it Simple
Complexity worship has drowned the modern world. Simple solutions are harder to come to, and, rather than be dismissed as “too simplistic”, should be hailed as a result of clear thinking. Simplicity enables speed, reduces cost, and allows for faster learning.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Health benefits for you and your family
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and SNACKS
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism