Your Role at Bolt
What you will be doing
- General administrative work for Head of Product & VP, Engineering
- Extensive calendar management, including scheduling internal and external meetings, sometimes across multiple time zones & locations
- Calendar gatekeeper, fielding internal and external scheduling requests and providing recommendations that are aligned with priorities
- Attend meetings to take notes and follow up on action items
- Help with logistics for the team: onboarding, weekly meetings, offsites, bonding events, etc.
- Plan and coordinate travel and submit expense reports
- Become a go-to, trusted person for the technical team
- Assist with various ad hoc projects as needed
What would set you up for success
- Unwavering flexibility and ability to pivot on a moments notice
- Ability to manage changing priorities and handle conflicting requests from different stakeholders
- Previous experience supporting one or more executives
- Self-starter that has a high capacity to get stuff done
- Utmost attention to detail
- Strategic thinker who can creatively problem solve and propose long-term solutions
- Project manage by effectively tracking progress, communicating with the team and pushing projects through to completion
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced, high intensity, start-up environment
- Proficient in GSuite and Slack (added bonus: Asana and Notion)
- Positive demeanor and culture add to the team
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
Writing Over Talking
At Bolt, we recognize that talking drives emotions, ego, and politics. Writing enables clarity of thought and analysis. We strive to create a culture where decisions are driven by data, not by social influence. To facilitate this, we approach problems with preparation, writing out issues and proposals in depth.
A business thrives when everyone on a team takes full responsibility for their outcomes. When things go wrong, individuals don't blame other teams or individuals- they accept responsibility and take initiative to fix problems without being asked. At Bolt, extreme ownership isn't just for leaders; it's for everyone.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Parental leave
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parking and transit benefits, including safe and last mile rides
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism