Head of Corporate Communications
Your Role at Bolt
What you'll do...
- Establish a cohesive communications and brand vision in partnership with executive leadership, drive the systematic execution, and ensure the effectiveness of the function
- Design and implement brand strategy, including look and feel, creative approach, and tone of voice
- Create a companywide brand framework, impactful and relevant brand storyline, messaging and visuals
- Work with a global mindset to ensure adoption and use unified brand messaging across the entire organization
- Work with department and functional leaders to develop communication strategies in support of company growth, including Talent Acquisition strategies and new Services and Markets
- Lead internal and external engagements with third-party brand partners to ensure consistency and alignment with brand and communication practices
- Own brand initiatives and success metrics; provide senior executives with relevant information to drive business decisions
- Play lead role in the development and ongoing management and governance of key corporate digital assets, including company Intranets, company websites, social media platforms and, in partnership with other communications groups (e.g. investor relations, product marketing communications); this includes brand identity, policies, procedures, guidelines, and training
- Manage communication asset creation, publishing and consumption tracking. These assets encompass a broad range of content, presentations, newsletters, trade show booth assets, and videos, including technical materials
- Develop corporate narrative, including speech writing for our events and executives
- Manage, lead, and inspire a high-performing team, including establishing and communicating goals, hiring and/or developing staff, assigning areas of accountability, setting objectives, establishing priorities, and managing to success
- Manage master communications and campaign calendar including all delivery channels, events and social media outlets
- Develop a plan for managing corporate internal documentation and communication
- Provide inspiration on a visual level; refine designs; lend a critical eye to all creative, structural, and technical output
- Lead strategic planning, oversee budgets and forecasts for the department; conduct quarterly budget reviews; achieve targets
What would set you up for success...
- 6+ years of relevant experience; prefer a mix of experience in an in-house leadership role in a B2B technology company and agency experience
- Strong executive presence with ability to partner with C-level executives and collaborate with and influence diverse groups at all levels in a matrixed environment
- Proven sense of brand and editorial voice; the ability to harmonize message across multiple brand assets and communication vehicles
- Demonstrated leadership, strong personal presence, demonstrates initiative, is results-oriented, and acts with a sense of urgency
- Experience hiring, leading, managing and coaching a high-performing communications and branding team
- Comfortable with ambiguity - able to establish strategic direction and implement effectively in a global, matrixed organization
What would set you apart...
- You’re curious, constantly learning, and adaptable
- You have infectious energy and inspire the people around you
- You’re a proven coach: you’ve helped your people unlock their full potential
- You blend strategy and execution. You see the larger picture, but you dive into the details to get things done
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
Writing Over Talking
At Bolt, we recognize that talking drives emotions, ego, and politics. Writing enables clarity of thought and analysis. We strive to create a culture where decisions are driven by data, not by social influence. To facilitate this, we approach problems with preparation, writing out issues and proposals in depth.
A business thrives when everyone on a team takes full responsibility for their outcomes. When things go wrong, individuals don't blame other teams or individuals- they accept responsibility and take initiative to fix problems without being asked. At Bolt, extreme ownership isn't just for leaders; it's for everyone.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Parental leave
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parking and transit benefits, including safe and last mile rides
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism