Head of Field Marketing
Your Role at Bolt
What you will be doing
- Strategically identify and plan our events strategy
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Management of all project elements within time limits and on budget.
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with clients, identify their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Able to conduct market research and gather information.
- Negotiating contracts.
- Providing clear, well-written periodic reports to stakeholders.
- Able to articulately propose ideas to improve services and event quality.
- Management and organizational skills needed to oversee facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Commitment to compliance with all insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations.
- People skills needed to staff events and coordinate their activities.
- Enthusiasm regarding collaborative work with marketing and PR departments to promote and publicize events.
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Follow-through and willingness to conduct pre-and post-event evaluations, reporting on the outcomes.
- Research skills to identify event opportunities, understand the market, and generate interest.
What would set you up for success
- 5+ work experience as an events planner or organizer.
- Impressive references and portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events, etc.)
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business relationships.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
What would set you apart
- You’re curious, constantly learning, and adaptable. You’re excited by the complex and changing nature of the HR industry. You also believe sales is evolving, and you’re determined to bring Namely to the cutting edge
- You have infectious energy and inspire the people around you
- You’re a proven coach: you’ve helped your people unlock their full potential
- You blend strategy and execution. You see the larger picture, but you dive into the details to get things done.
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
Writing Over Talking
At Bolt, we recognize that talking drives emotions, ego, and politics. Writing enables clarity of thought and analysis. We strive to create a culture where decisions are driven by data, not by social influence. To facilitate this, we approach problems with preparation, writing out issues and proposals in depth.
A business thrives when everyone on a team takes full responsibility for their outcomes. When things go wrong, individuals don't blame other teams or individuals- they accept responsibility and take initiative to fix problems without being asked. At Bolt, extreme ownership isn't just for leaders; it's for everyone.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Parental leave
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parking and transit benefits, including safe and last mile rides
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism