Head of Talent
Your Role at Bolt
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and execute creative, data-driven techniques to identify, attract, assess, and close high-caliber candidates across technical and non-technical departments
- Maintain talent pipelines with potential candidates and past applicants for future staffing needs
- Develop individualized hiring plans for each role. Write compelling job descriptions, interview guidelines, and tailored and personalized messaging
- Manage, coach, and grow a high performing talent acquisition team to deliver impactful results across the entire organization
- Evaluate the team structure, plan for continual improvement in efficiency and effectiveness, and provide individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities
- Track and present pipeline updates, recruiting progress reports, and headcount plans to hiring managers and leadership teams
- Manage and prioritize hiring across a variety of teams and hiring managers
- Partner with and cultivate strong relationships with hiring managers and other internal stakeholders
- Be a Bolt ambassador, help craft our culture and messaging, answer product questions, and know the competitive landscape from architecture to pricing
- Ensure a phenomenal candidate experience from start-to-finish
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years overall experience in full life-cycle recruiting, preferably in a high growth environment supporting multiple teams, with increasing levels of responsibility
- 4+ years experience building, mentoring and leading teams and organizations in high growth mode including Recruitment, Ops, Sourcing, and Coordination
- Experience building technical and business teams from scratch
- Exceptional talent assessment and interviewing skills, a strong command of assessment and selection methodologies, and deep knowledge in closing and negotiation techniques
- Experience recruiting for all levels of an organization, including management and above, particularly for technical and sales focused roles
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables with competing demands
- Patient, communicative, collaborative team player who is detail oriented and has outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal), as well as experience with negotiation
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
Fear is the primary motivator of human action. It drives people to cherish safety and complacency, coupled with an aversion to risk and change. However, it’s risk and change that advances the human race. Extreme risk and change is required to disrupt the digital commerce space as we know it. The outside world can’t possibly have the same knowledge that we have within our company walls. While we’re being called crazy, we must be fearless and driven by our internal conviction.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Keep it Simple
Complexity worship has drowned the modern world. Simple solutions are harder to come to, and, rather than be dismissed as “too simplistic”, should be hailed as a result of clear thinking. Simplicity enables speed, reduces cost, and allows for faster learning.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Health benefits for you and your family
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and SNACKS
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism