Lead Technical Recruiter
Your Role at Bolt
- Build meaningful relationships: You have an artistic ability to build long lasting relationships. You’re an expert at reading people and know how to drive things forward. You consistently create strong candidate control and candidates love telling you that you are the best Recruiter they have ever worked with and that you are a primary reason they joined the company you recruited them for.
- Push the limits of closing: You don’t stop until the job is done. You understand that attracting and closing candidates in Silicon Valley takes grit, resilience, and a magic secret sauce that you have developed over the course of your career.
- Demonstrate Extreme Candidate Empathy: You can relate to candidates in a way that others struggle to. You constantly wow others in your ability to get the job done. You’re consistently complimented on your exceptional storytelling ability to win candidates over.
- Exercise extreme ownership: You are an extreme do’er and love to execute. You have a sense of urgency that the world is ending tomorrow and executing is your top priority.
- Work in a high-functioning and highly collaborative teams: Leveraging Lever for our ATS, Asana for project management and other easy cross-functional communication tools such as Slack and Zoom.
Why work for Bolt?
- Challenge: We constantly seek the top of the top to work with, have a 4.9 rating on Glassdoor, and a 100% CEO approval rating. To prove it we’ve attracted a team comprised of top Silicon Valley Engineers and Sales folks from Twitter, Uber, LinkedIn, Slack, Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Box to name a few. If you thrive working with the top minds in the valley and executing on needle in a haystack searches, this role is for you.
- Impact: You will be put in a position front and center to be a superhero. You will constantly be working on mission critical roles for Bolt and will be empowered with our supporting team to fill them.
- Quality: We have a Quality First mindset at Bolt. The Recruiter we seek would rather spend extra time building meaningful relationships with the right people over being a high quantity fill machine. Although balancing the two is important, we lean towards quality.
- Team and Culture: We are a hungry and motivated team of 15+ in Talent comprised of Recruiting (7), Sourcing (4), Coordination (3), and Operations (2). We are looking for someone who cares deeply about building meaningful relationships within the team and can fit organically into our team culture of fun.
- You have a history of promotions within your current company and ones prior
- You have a track record of consistently filling roles with hard to find candidates
- You are extremely execution focused and get things done
- You are Technical and know why Java Developers wear glasses (it’s because they can’t C#!)
- You like corny jokes
- You have leadership skills and a desire to mentor others
- You’ve had a high degree of success at a Recruiting Agency in a past life
- You can do Executive Level hiring + roles outside of Technology
- You mention in our interview with the Head of Talent that you read this job description and highlight what parts stand out to you the most :)
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
Writing Over Talking
At Bolt, we recognize that talking drives emotions, ego, and politics. Writing enables clarity of thought and analysis. We strive to create a culture where decisions are driven by data, not by social influence. To facilitate this, we approach problems with preparation, writing out issues and proposals in depth.
A business thrives when everyone on a team takes full responsibility for their outcomes. When things go wrong, individuals don't blame other teams or individuals- they accept responsibility and take initiative to fix problems without being asked. At Bolt, extreme ownership isn't just for leaders; it's for everyone.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Parental leave
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parking and transit benefits, including safe and last mile rides
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism