Payment Operations Manager
Your Role at Bolt
What you will be doing
- Build out payment operations within Bolt to scale rapidly
- Develop our internal systems to ensure every dollar is tracked accurately and reconciles with third-party payment processor data
- Work cross-functionally with our payments strategy, compliance, product, risk, operations, finance, engineering, support, and sales teams
- Develop a deep internal understanding of our financial ecosystem and partner-specific fees and transactions costs
- Provide investigative support for issues and escalations related to payment operations
- Evaluate our payment policies as they relate to merchants and provide feedback to our product team
- Identify opportunities to improve Bolt merchant experience.
- Create a continuous improvement mindset within payment operations, looking for new efficiencies and areas for optimization at all times.
What would set you up for success
- 5+ years in a payments operations or treasury operations role at a fintech company
- Understanding of the payments ecosystem and fund flows
- Familiar with financial file format standards such as CAMT, MT, ISO20022 XMLs
- Knowledge of SQL, Tableau, Excel, and other data analytics tools
What would set you apart
- You are not afraid to dig into complex problems and to effectively describe your solution approach to an external partner or to an internal developer
- Experience of building systems and processes with strong elements of automation and scale
- General sense of urgency and ability to prioritize ad hoc (operations is the critical bottleneck for real money flows)
- Good communications skills
- Strong team player
- Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
Fear is the primary motivator of human action. It drives people to cherish safety and complacency, coupled with an aversion to risk and change. However, it’s risk and change that advances the human race. Extreme risk and change is required to disrupt the digital commerce space as we know it. The outside world can’t possibly have the same knowledge that we have within our company walls. While we’re being called crazy, we must be fearless and driven by our internal conviction.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Keep it Simple
Complexity worship has drowned the modern world. Simple solutions are harder to come to, and, rather than be dismissed as “too simplistic”, should be hailed as a result of clear thinking. Simplicity enables speed, reduces cost, and allows for faster learning.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Health benefits for you and your family
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and SNACKS
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism