Solutions Engineer (Sales Engineer)
Your Role at Bolt
What you'll be doing
- Be a subject matter expert on Bolt’s checkout experience and evangelize Bolt’s value and features to potential customers
- Own the discovery and qualification of Bolt’s technical compatibility with prospects and provide consultative guidance on technical deal strategy
- Strategically partner with Account Executive teams to identify customer business goals, needs, and pains
- Collaborate closely with Bolt’s Implementation team to ensure Proof of Concepts and Onboardings are successful
- Monitor industry news on technology products, partners, and competitors to maintain a deep ecosystem expertise
- Seek ways to optimize the technical sales process and build efficiency across Sales and Customer Experience teams
- Act as the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams
- Provide technical responses to RFPs, RFIs, and Security Questionnaires
What would set you up for success
- Relevant professional experience. 3+ years of relevant Solutions Engineering (Sales Engineering) experience required.
- Documented programming experience. This can be frontend or backend programming languages.
- Excellent communication skills. You can relate complicated concepts to non-technical people, while maintaining the ability to speak credibly to highly technical people. You hear customer pains and excel at root-cause analysis in real time.
- Solution sales driven. You are motivated by devising solutions to complex set of customer requirements that lead to winning the deal.
- Polished presenter. You are comfortable leading presentations and demos to large groups, both technical and non-technical.
- Understand business value. You tie business problems to Bolt’s technical solutions and understand technology value propositions.
- Fast learner. You have a proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies.
- Thrive under pressure. You perform well under uncertain, high pressure, and high impact conditions.
What would set you apart
- Relevant domain experience in payments, fintech, fraud/risk, or ecommerce platforms
- Experience building or running an ecommerce business
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
Fear is the primary motivator of human action. It drives people to cherish safety and complacency, coupled with an aversion to risk and change. However, it’s risk and change that advances the human race. Extreme risk and change is required to disrupt the digital commerce space as we know it. The outside world can’t possibly have the same knowledge that we have within our company walls. While we’re being called crazy, we must be fearless and driven by our internal conviction.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Keep it Simple
Complexity worship has drowned the modern world. Simple solutions are harder to come to, and, rather than be dismissed as “too simplistic”, should be hailed as a result of clear thinking. Simplicity enables speed, reduces cost, and allows for faster learning.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Health benefits for you and your family
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and SNACKS
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism