Your Role at Bolt
- Own all aspects of Bolt’s financial model to maintain an accurate forecast and inform strategic decisions
- Partner with Exec team for capital planning and fundraising (e.g. pitch decks, financial diligence materials)
- Perform data-driven analysis to evaluate strategic initiatives, in partnership with Business Operations and Exec team (e.g. pricing, market expansion, risk modeling to name a few)
- Support monthly reporting and analyses to Exec team, external investors and board
- Generally bring a high level of financial hygiene to the organization
- 4-6 years of strategic finance experience
- Strong modeling ability around go-to-market, risk, traditional operating metrics
- Ability to work with and present to external parties
- A deep curiosity around making our business more efficient
- Ability to use your tools well: Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Tableau, SQL, QuickBooks (Intacct or NetSuite later)
Nice to have
- Prior experience in FinTech and payments
- Prior experience with Venture and Private Equity investors
- Prior 1-N experience in successful high growth environment
- Ability to rapidly scale yourself
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
Writing Over Talking
At Bolt, we recognize that talking drives emotions, ego, and politics. Writing enables clarity of thought and analysis. We strive to create a culture where decisions are driven by data, not by social influence. To facilitate this, we approach problems with preparation, writing out issues and proposals in depth.
A business thrives when everyone on a team takes full responsibility for their outcomes. When things go wrong, individuals don't blame other teams or individuals- they accept responsibility and take initiative to fix problems without being asked. At Bolt, extreme ownership isn't just for leaders; it's for everyone.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Parental leave
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parking and transit benefits, including safe and last mile rides
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism