Strategic Partner Manager
Your Role at Bolt
What you will be doing
- Identifying potential strategic partners including eCommerce shopping carts, Platform Partners, Payment Partners, Tax Partners, and Loyalty Programs
- Exploring & aligning on different strategic / technology partnerships
- Completing partnerships (negotiating and closing)
- Activating strategic partnerships (enablement / nurturing), including building strong relationships with C-level, sales, marketing and product teams within strategic partners
- Work with partner marketing to generate awareness & lead generation via co-marketing efforts
- Align strategic partner effort with channel partnerships
- Create strategic partner sales enablement structure
- Develop strategic partner pricing / compensation model
- Track, analyse, influence, and communicate key metrics to build opportunities and experiences that create scale and meaningful ecosystem value
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to identify growth opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
What would set you up for success
- 5-8+ years of experience with multiple million dollar deals
- Experience building strategic rev share relationships that generate revenue at scale
- History of delivering win-win deals specific to Payments, eCommerce, or Fraud
- Keen understanding of SaaS technology and the general software development lifecycle
- Ability to create structure and scale the strategic/technology partner team as the company growsGood product sense (technical and non-technical) to help prioritize partnerships
- Strong ability to synthesize strategic partner strategy with product strategy
- Strong business sense to understand product and market opportunities
What would set you apart
- 2+ years of experience managing a team in a commercial capacity, i.e. player / coach
- Product management / strategy background a huge plus
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
Fear is the primary motivator of human action. It drives people to cherish safety and complacency, coupled with an aversion to risk and change. However, it’s risk and change that advances the human race. Extreme risk and change is required to disrupt the digital commerce space as we know it. The outside world can’t possibly have the same knowledge that we have within our company walls. While we’re being called crazy, we must be fearless and driven by our internal conviction.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Keep it Simple
Complexity worship has drowned the modern world. Simple solutions are harder to come to, and, rather than be dismissed as “too simplistic”, should be hailed as a result of clear thinking. Simplicity enables speed, reduces cost, and allows for faster learning.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Health benefits for you and your family
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and SNACKS
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism