Your Role at Bolt
- Resolve challenging technical issues to a high degree of satisfaction, always building toward long-term customer success
- Master a variety of different eCommerce platforms, strengthening your ability to troubleshoot and identify bugs
- Leverage your exceptional communication skills to educate customers on complex technical issues; set expectations; and communicate solutions.
- Interface with business owners, eCommerce directors, and developers on the Bolt platform as you resolve their issues.
- Partner closely with engineering to resolve the most complex technical issues
- Act as the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product team
- Strategically partner with Customer Success managers to prioritize issues and maintain strong customer relationships
- Brainstorm innovative ways to improve our support operations, and contribute to the implementation of your best ideas
- Be a brand ambassador for Bolt, leaving lasting positive impressions with customers as you drive successful resolution of their requests
- Contribute to customer-facing documentation, ensuring that Bolt’s merchants can find answers to their questions even faster through self-service channels
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in technical customer-facing roles at eCommerce, Payments, Retail, or Software companies
- Outstanding communication skills
- Outstanding prioritization and time-management skills
- Outstanding customer empathy
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Domain expertise in eCommerce (Bonus)
- Experience with Shopping Cart Platforms (WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce) (Bonus)
- Experience with Google Analytics & Facebook Pixel (Bonus)
- Experience with Web Hosting (Bonus)
- Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
Writing Over Talking
At Bolt, we recognize that talking drives emotions, ego, and politics. Writing enables clarity of thought and analysis. We strive to create a culture where decisions are driven by data, not by social influence. To facilitate this, we approach problems with preparation, writing out issues and proposals in depth.
A business thrives when everyone on a team takes full responsibility for their outcomes. When things go wrong, individuals don't blame other teams or individuals- they accept responsibility and take initiative to fix problems without being asked. At Bolt, extreme ownership isn't just for leaders; it's for everyone.
Win as a Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Parental leave
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible vacation policy
- Parking and transit benefits, including safe and last mile rides
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism