5 Ways to Maximize Revenue for Your Online Store
July 28, 2022
The Bolt Team
With the economy headed into an uncertain climate, the retailers who focus on improving ecommerce conversion rates will survive and thrive. That was the takeaway from the latest ThinkShop by Bolt Master Class, which you can watch above.
Experts Jeremy Moser, CEO of uSERP, and Andrew Sommer, Ecommerce Growth Coach at BigCommerce, shared some actionable tips merchants of all size can use to boost their revenue.
Focus on Ecommerce SEO
Ecommerce SEO is a great way to grow your store’s revenue because it’s bringing in a high-intent audience. After all, these are people who typed the product name into Google. Some tips for improving the SEO on your online store:
- Find high-intent keywords and optimize your product pages for them
- Establish an easy site architecture
- Focus on your on-page content (product pages, blogs) as well as the off-page SEO (getting links to your products and content).
Don’t forget about SEO with conversion either. Making these products that people found after a Google search easy to purchase delivers a good customer experience and could also be a positive signal for Google’s search algorithms.
Prioritize Mobile Ease of Use
Did you know that mobile devices account for 72% of all ecommerce sales worldwide? Yet, mobile conversion rates lag far behind desktop ones. That’s because many stores aren’t making mobile a first-class citizen. Some tips to make your store more mobile-friendly are:
- Make sure your shopping experience is fully optimized for mobile, including the purchasing flow
- Consider offering digital wallets that include mobile-friendly payment options
- Implement one-click checkout because there’s far less screen space on mobile, don’t make shoppers fill out multiple forms.
Lean on User Generated Content
Your marketing is great and all but it’s rarely going to resonate as well as social proof through user-generated content. In fact, 90% of consumers believe UGC is more influential than promotional content. It’s especially potent with social commerce rising.
Some tips on UGC:
- Be strategic about the UGC platform—if you have a product that needs to be demonstrated, that’s tailor-made for TikTok ecommerce
- Experimenting and trying things out is great but be sure to set and measure your goals
- A social media contest is a great way to get amazing user generated content
- Remember to repurpose and repackage UGC where appropriate
Use Analytics To Make Informed Decisions
Merchant analytics are a powerful tool that every business should be using to make decisions that are based on data. Some they shared were:
- Set yourself up for success by choosing the right tech and analytics tools from the outset—or find partners who can help you find the right analytics with your current tech stack
- There will be some upcoming privacy changes to online cookies and the recent mobile change have already impacted ecommerce—first-party data is your best defense.
Improving Conversion With Your Checkout Experience
Checkout could be the most important part of your store. If you’re making it hard for people to buy your products with lengthy checkout, you’re leaving money on the table. Some tips to improve your checkout experience:
- Remove as many barriers as you can from letting customers give you money—that includes the long forms for billing and payment information
- Offer Alternative Payment Methods to give shoppers multiple options to pay
- Look into solutions like Bolt, which makes it easy to offer secure, fast checkout.